|Admit it: there is a mindset, a group of assumptions, and a whole set of experiences that set a "triathlete" apart from the vast majority of the populace that just rides a bike, runs or swims. There are the serious things, like an understanding of micro drafting the swim, and the mundane things, like knowing where the good places to lock a bike are. Here are the amusing things that make us laugh at ourselves, and give those tell-tale hints that maybe, just maybe, you are a Tri Geek!!|
1. You think that working on your bike is almost as much fun as riding it
2. You would recognize that threaded washer from a Presta valve stem anywhere
3. You KNOW what a Presta valve is
4. You make decisions about car purchases based on which one more easily accepts a rooftop bicycle rack and the cargo space for all your transition and training gear
5. You skip that last beer because there is a group brick the next morning
6. You own any kind of purple annodized bicycle accessory
7. Colorado Cyclist and TriSports sent you a Christmas card last year
8. Your bicycle(s) are worth more than your automobile
9. You know what the difference is between Ultrasensor, Core-Tech, and Microfiber jersey materials
10. "Once you try full suits, baby, you'll never go back!"
11. You can tell your significant other with a straight face that its too hot to mow the lawn then take off and run a 10K.
12. Your triathlon accessories are worth more than your car.
13. You pull up hard on the steering wheel trying to jump your car over a pot-hole
14, The first thing you ask when you regain consciousness is "How's my bike?"
15. You hang your finisher medals and awards in your office at work
16. You take a perverse pride in your mid-thigh and mid-bicep tan lines, and even more in that funny little circle on the back of your hand
17. Your learn you have some money left over after paying bills and the first thing you do is look for the next open race.
18. Most of the tools you own are made by Park or Pedros
19. Someone in a car asks for directions and you give them a route that bypasses freeways and busy surface streets.
20. You wear your heart rate monitor to bed so you stay in your target zone during horizontal caloric burning activities.
21. You own 4 pairs of running shoes, and a pair of racing flats. Their all the same brand and model, look and smell the same.
22. Local Race Directors know you by name.
23. You have a Silver or Gold membership to USAT.
24: You use Body Glide as a personal lubercant
Click HERE for more Winz