No stranger to endurance challenges, having previously rowed across the Atlantic, raced to the South pole and just back from placing the highest Brit ever in the Marathon des Sables earlier this year, James is raising the stakes to an even higher level, by taking on a truly unique endeavor.
He will attempt to race across the entire breadth of North America, from Los Angeles to New York City in only sixteen days, and set a new endurance World Record.
Choosing four Olympic disciplines to complete the challenge this is the plan:
• Cycle 350 miles from Santa Monica to Death Valley National Park in Nevada
• Run 80 miles through Death Valley
• Cycle 2,500 miles from Death Valley to Toledo, Ohio on the western tip of Lake Erie
• Row 250 miles the length of Lake Erie from Toledo to Buffalo, New York
• Cycle 500 miles From Buffalo to New York City
• Swim 15 miles to the Statue of Liberty