American Triathletes Jordan Rapp and Mary Beth Ellis won Ironman Texas in record setting style today.
Jordan Rapp ran a blazing fast 2:46:55 marathon to help him erase a 12 minute gap from the bike segment of the race while Mary Beth Ellis stayed at the front of the race the entire day only to kick in the afterburners on the run. Her 8:54:58 finishing time set a new course record and put on her the top step of the podium ahead of second place finisher Caitlin Snow.
“I’m thrilled,” Snow said. "It’s a beautiful course. It was lot of fun and the crowd was amazing.”
Jordan Rapp solitary Jordan Rapp crossed the finishline (see video below) almost 12 minutes ahead of second place finisher Justin Daerr.
“It’s a world class course,” Rapp said after the race signaling his intention to return in 2013. “I’m looking forward to coming back.”
Top 5 Professional Men
1. Jordan Rapp (USA) 8:10:44
2. Justin Daerr (USA) 8:22:15
3. Mathias Hecht (SUI) 8:22:58
4. Jozsef Major (HUN) 8:27:19
5. Brandon Marsh (USA) 8:30:18
Top 5 Professional Women
1. Mary Beth Ellis (USA) 8:54:58
2. Caitlin Snow (USA) 9:01:32
3. Amy Marsh (USA) 9:04:00
4. Corinne Abraham (GBR) 9:18:39
5. Charisa Wernick (USA) 9:27:43
Photo Credit: Ironman via YouTube