A great new blog, fifthquarterblog.com, reached out to EverymanTRI and offered to share this fantastic profile and video of American Olympic hopeful Jillian Peterson. The video is from 2008, but the profile updates Peterson's quest to make the London Games.
- She's a St. Louis Cardinals fan
- Her craziest workout: 90-minute hard swim, straight to the treadmill for 5-mile Tempo run, followed by weights. 2 hours of rest then a 90-minute hard bike, with a run off the bike for four miles.
- Typical training week: 6 days of swimming, 6-7 days of running, 7-9 hours of cycling, yoga 3 times a week and 2 days of weights. Works out to 25 hours a week.
- Biggest win: The 2008 Pan-American Championships.
- Biggest focus: The 2012 Olympic trials this May at the ITU World Triathlon in San Diego.
Read the rest of the profile here: