COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - USA Triathlon today announced the re-launch of its official website, usatriathlon.org, while unveiling a full range of user-based functionality designed to inform, educate and entertain the multisport audience. The site was developed in collaboration with Digitaria, a leading digital marketing and technology firm based in San Diego, Calif.
The completely revamped platform provides a host of new and significantly enhanced features:
· Personalization/Single Sign-On: Through a comprehensive integration with USA Triathlon's membership database, annual members of the organization can now take advantage of a personalized experience through the site. This includes automated access to USA Triathlon Rankings, sponsor discounts, membership renewal/registration, National Championships qualification, etc.
· Navigation/Design: In addition to receiving a visual make-over, usatriathlon.org is better organized following the implementation of streamlined navigation. For example, the new "USAT For Me" portal allows users to more easily find information and sections that apply specifically to them. This includes customized educational resources such as webinars, camps, clinics and certification.
· Multimedia: Visitors to usatriathlon.org can consume a larger and more readily available library of video clips, photo galleries and podcasts. Much of the unique content has been produced only for the site - including training, racing and nutritional tips - and will be uploaded on a regular, ongoing basis.
· Online Community: The home page now migrates intuitive Facebook and Twitter posts for each logged-on user, while forums allow various constituency groups - including age-group and elite athletes, race directors, clubs, coaches and officials - to communicate.
· Sponsor Real Estate: For the first time USA Triathlon members can directly access sponsor discounts and special promotions from select USA Triathlon corporate partners while also learning about the latest product lines and services from industry leaders.
· National Event Microsites: Each USA Triathlon National Championship is now afforded its own virtual home through the new site, facilitating information and functionality customized to each event.
"After initiating a comprehensive strategy to re-invent our online presence, this new version of usatriathlon.org was created specifically with the multisport user in mind," said Chuck Menke, USA Triathlon Director of Marketing and Communications. "If you are a long-standing member of USA Triathlon, or maybe someone considering your first-ever sprint race, we hope that our experiential content and online community will make visiting the site a daily ritual for anyone in our sport.