Join some of the biggest names in endurance sports for the second annual ZenTri Base Camp!
Jessi Stensland | Rich Roll | John Hirsch | Christine Lynch
ZenTri Base & Nutrition Camp 2011 will focus on building base endurance and nutrition knowledge for four continuous days. This is like four days of epic workout cake layered with special-saucy classes on how to perform at your very best. We will have two pros, a world-famous Ultraman competitor, a nutrition expert, a medical expert, and myself leading workouts and classes (listed below) that will turn you into the smartest tri-geek around. Join us in one of the world's triathlon training paradises for four days of awesomeness!
January 14th - 17th, 2011. This is MLK weekend, so many people will already have that Monday off from work.
San Diego, CA. Plenty of awesome tri-shops, great weather, and other fantastic facilities make this the perfect location for a great place to hold camp. Boarding is not included, but we will list out some recommended hotels shortly.
- Well, YOU, of course!
- Pro triathlete and core fitness expert Jessi Stensland will be teaching Movement U!
- Ultra Man Rich Roll returns for more from last year.
- Pro triathlete John Hirsch (also a coach and another camp host), myself, and
- Holistic health expert and food guru Christine Lynch.
- Brett of ZenTri will be teaching Zen and base training techniques.
- Nurse Emily Rhodes (LVN) will also be on hand to teach and help with medical issues.
The training camp fee is $500. Go to the signup form to save your spot!
- Jessi Stensland's Movement U. Learn from a pro how to build core strength for life. Jessi will be doing this all four days!
- How to eat like a triathlete. Too many of us train like triathletes, but eat like something else. Maximize your potential by eating right.
- Bike fitting like a pro. Biking shouldn't hurt! John and I will go over your bike fit to help fix many common issues.
- Minimalism in triathlon. Learn how to do without many things that overcomplicate the sport.
- Periodization and strength training. John will detail how periodization works best and how to build core strength.
- Grocery store tour. The very first day, Christine will take you through a grocery store and teach you how to pick out healthy foods. Learn what is truly healthy and what isn't.
- World famous "Push Runs". Master how to integrate essential core workouts right into your runs to get you lean and ripped quickly. This strength makes endurance events a piece of cake!
- Zazen. Learn the traditional Japanese method of meditation to clear your mind and live your best life.
- Base - how to build it. Going long takes patience and pacing. Learn the tricks to keep from blowing up in all three sports.
- Daily healthy cooking demos and group cooking for the best triathlon foods.
- How blood sugar works. What causes you to put on fat, how energy gets to your muscles, and how to prevent bonking.
- Video analysis of form and technique. A huge hit at the last camp, we will use video analysis for both on-the-spot review to get you fixed immediately and also for further review later in the week.
- Fear. That swim got you freaked out? What fear really is, how to overcome it, and how to use it for your benefit.
- Hill training. Hills are your friend! Learn how to use them to make you faster.
- Ocean swim. Hit the Pacific and swim the world-famous La Jolla Shores route.
- Swim technique evaluation. Figure out in five minutes what others may not in a lifetime.
- And more! We will be taking lots of long bike rides and runs, which are great opportunities to ask questions and get answers.
- This is ZEN training camp, so we will TRAIN. There will be no fluff, no extra, just pure and simple triathlon. When training triathlon, only train triathlon!
- Hotel? Boarding is not included with the camp. We will be posting a list of recommended hotels with price ranges shortly.