After an exceptionally fast swim for the top professional athletes, it was the bike potion of the race that determined the eventual winner.
Both Rutger Beke and Yvonne Van Vlerken took control of the race on the bike and never looked back.
Denmark’s Yvonne Van Vlerken looked smooth and very much in control as she entered the finisher's chute with over 15-minute s to spare ahead of second place finisher Bella Bayliss.
On the men's side of the race Beke easily won over Victor Zyemstev with a comfortable 10-minutes lead.
Top 10 Men
* RUTGER BEKE (#13). at 8:18:40
* VIKTOR ZYEMTSEV (#37) at 8:29:10
* SEBASTIAN PEDRAZA (#32) at 8:33:28
* TYLER BUTTERFIELD (#8) at 8:39:56
* ALEJANDRO SANTAMARIA (#29) at 8:57:04
* LOTHAR LEDER (#24) at 9:00:19
* ALLAN VILLANUEVA (#7) at 9:01:19
* BEN COTTER (#43) at 9:02:14
* LARS FINANGER (#41) at 9:02:37
* TIM SNOW (#3) at 9:09:27
Top 3 women
* YVONNE VAN VLERKEN (#23) 9:06:58
* BELLA BAYLISS (#10) at 9:22:34
* EDITH NIEDERFRINIGER (#46) at 9:30:3
Follow on twitter @everymantri