Hot, Hilly, and a world of hurt is probably the best way to describe stage 20 of the 2009 Tour de France.
The 100 mile stage which ends with 13 mile climb to the top of Mont Ventoux is the last and final chance for any of the top riders to make a last minute run up the general standings.
Will Lance Armstrong be able to climb up the podium to second or first place?
Most likely not.
The seven time Tour de France champ will have his hands full trying to defend his current 3rd place on the tour from the likes of the Schleck brothers and Bradley Wiggins who'll most likely use this last mountain stage to attack and attack hard on the unrated last climb.
Take a look at the video below to view the elevations changes of stage 20 for yourself and don't forget to check out the complete Tour de France stage 19 results and General Standings below as well:
Top Riders Stage 19 Results:
- 1. Mark Cavendish Team Columbia - Htc in 3:50:35
- 2. Thor Hushovd Cervelo Test Team
- 3. Gerald Ciolek Team Milram at 00:00
- 4. Greg Van Avermaet Silence - Lotto at s.t.
- 5. Oscar Freire Rabobank at s.t.
- 6. Jérôme Pineau Quick Step at s.t.
- 7. Fumiyuki Beppu Skil-Shimano at s.t.
- 8. Nicolas Roche Ag2r La Mondiale at s.t.
- 9. Christophe Le Mevel Francaise Des Jeux at s.t.
- 10. Martijn Maaskant Garmin - Slipstream at s.t.
GC Standings after Stage 19:
- 1. Alberto Contador Astana in 77:06:18
- 2. Andy Schleck Team Saxo Bank in 77:10:29
- 3. Lance Armstrong Astana in 77:11:39 at 05:21
- 4. Bradley Wiggins Garmin - Slipstream in 77:11:54 at 05:36
- 5. Andréas KlÖden Astana in 77:11:56 at 05:38
- 6. Frank Schleck Team Saxo Bank in 77:12:17 at 05:59
- 7. Vincenzo Nibali Liquigas in 77:13:33 at 07:15
- 8. Christian Vande Velde Garmin - Slipstream in 77:16:26 at 10:08
- 9. Christophe Le Mevel Francaise Des Jeux in 77:18:55 at 12:37
- 10. Mikel Astarloza Euskaltel - Euskadi in 77:18:56 at 12:38
Follow on twitter @everymantri