Thanks to everyone who voted, and especially thanks to all the bloggers that worked so hard this year to keep us fascinated, entertained, enthralled, amused and educated. We're so happy and proud to recognize all of the hard work and effort that went into these Best Blogs this year.
And yes while the top three podium position will receive a great pair of Zeal Optics sunglasses, they deserve our recognition and thanks for coming up with such creative blogs.
So THANK YOU ALL!
So now there is noting left to do but announce the winners.
The votes have been cast.
The ribbons and prizes are waiting for the winners.
So without any further delay here are your podium finishers for the Best Blogs of 2008.
The Top Three Sports Endurance Blogs of 2008
The Bronze Blog of 2008:
We suspects that it is posts like THIS post about a few less than ideal ways to lose weight that highlight why DC Rainmaker was chosen as one of the Top Ten Blog of 2008.
Rainmaker combines great photos, with the latest use of technology and a funny and smart writing style to really engage the his reader in his various adventures.
The Silver Blog of 2008:
Blog: Elizabeth Fedofsky
We suspects that it is posts like THIS recent post about her newly acquired iPhone that makes her blog such a popular read.
Liz has a way of humanizing technology and the sport of triathlon.
As a successful coach and longtime Best Blog winner, she's been carefully building both her blog and her coaching business over the last few years, and her hard works really shows.
The Gold Blog of 2008:
steve in a speedo?! Gross!
We suspects that it is posts like THIS one that include both a photo of Steve wearing only his black square, and some sort of mysterious Chinese like food, that made him last year's Silver ribbon champ. It indeed takes a special kind of talent to combine this photo with egg rolls in one post about a 5K race.
These Blogs will also receive the Top Ten Best Ribbon.
For everyone else please visit Zeal Optics and use the Discount code "everymanzeal" and save 20 percent immediately.
Thanks to everyone who voted. The official 2008 Best Blog results are below:
The Rules and the Prizes:
- The contest is open to any blogs that existed for at least 8 months of time during the year 2008.
- Valid email addresses are required to submit a Blog. You must use your own address.
- You may nominate your own blog.
- raceAthlete previously sponsored athletes and their Blogs are not eligible.
- Entries will be accepted throughout the month of October.
- On October 31st of 2008 all entries will be judged by a panel committee of team raceAthletes and the "Ten Best Blogs" of 2008 will be announced.
- Online voting for the Gold, Silver and Bronze Blogs will take place the first two weeks of November of 2008 until November 17th.
- Winners will be announced on Tuesday November 18th, and prizes and "Best Blog" ribbons will be awarded to the winners.
Gold, Silver and Bronze winners will be awarded the raceAthlete "2008 Best Blog" ribbon to display on their Blog for next year along with a pair of new Zeal Sunglasses of their choosing.
The Gold winner "Best Blog of 2008" will also receive a special bonus award from team raceAthlete.